Eroni Kumana

My photo
Gizo, Western province, Solomon Islands

Featured Post

Grandson said to Repeat History

The grandson said that now they make it to alive their (Eroni, Biuku, and President Kennedy) spirit to see each other after the war. “At las...

Monday, August 6, 2012

JF Kennedy's surviving rescuer will be a special guest at today's 70th Anniversary.


Former US President John F Kennedy’s surviving rescuer will be a special guest at today's 70th Anniversary to marked the marines landing on Guadalcanal in 1942.

  
In his first public and media appearance since 1942, Kumana who only spoke through interpreter said he was overjoyed to be part of the celebration

 I am overjoyed.... Kennedy is my president and I treasure US and the president Kennedy. To be part of this event makes me feel proud and glad to meet US marines again” said Kumana.
         
The heroic Kumana could not hide his joy when he received the invitation to be part of this 70th Anniversary.

        
 “I told my children, no one will ever stop me from going over to Honiara to be part of this 70th Anniversary, I want to see Americans” Kumana said.
          
The 90 year old is strong and can be work by himself with his walking stick. Though hearing is a little problem for him at this current age, he remains active and speak well.
          
Aaron Kumana said, JF Kennedy and America becomes his treasure and joy since then.
          
“I could not believe saving the future president of America” Kumana said.
          
Mean while, Kumana’s family wish if America could ever recognise the heroics of their father with something special to honour him.
          
However, they were proud of their father for what he did.   

No comments:

Post a Comment